May 11, 2021
Check out the latest Legal Bites from Scott Peterson
June 16 / Virtual
Join this free opportunity to learn about Fair Housing
The History, A REALTORS® Role, Solutions for teams and Individual Agents, Support and Resources to go forward with the commitment that REALTORS® support Housing for ALL
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected renters and property managers alike. Join us for this enlightening webinar on Friday, May 14, 9:00 am – 11:00 am designed especially for property managers of all sizes.
In the first part of the webinar, experienced eviction attorney Vic Sulzer, Partner at Tschetter Hamrick Sulzer P.C., will discuss the current landscape for eviction moratoriums in Colorado, including:
- A brief overview of changes (CARES Act, CDC Order, and the Governor's Executive Orders),
- Discuss the current status (late fee prohibition, 10-day vs. 30-day, CDC Declarations, etc.), and
- Explain the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
In the second half, REALTOR® and Property Manager Andrea Warner will moderate a lively roundtable discussion among experts who advocate on behalf of property managers and property owners. Panelists will discuss current legislative proposals before the Colorado General Assembly that deal with residential rental properties and their impacts if they became law.
- Nate Baumgart; Institute of Real Estate Management
- Andrew Hamrick; Apartment Association of Metro Denver
- Elizabeth Peetz; Colorado Association of REALTORS®
- Danielle Rogers; Colorado Landlord Legislative Coalition
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions. There is no charge for this webinar.
This Panel does not have CE Credit associated with it.
Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) from the National Association of REALTORS® empowers REALTORS® to evaluate, enhance and showcase their highest levels of professionalism. It's not a course, class or designation—it's an Endorsement that REALTORS® can promote when serving clients and other REALTORS®
- Carolee Hawkins, RE/MAX 4000
- Matthew Wucherpfennig, Coldwell Banker Distinctive Properties
- Apache Home Inspection
Office, Address, MLS Changes
- Becky Behnens, RE/MAX 4000
- None this month
It is with a heavy heart that we let you know we lost a fellow REALTOR, Kathi Driscoll passed away on May 7, 2021. Services will be held at Downtown Vineyard Church on Friday, May 14, 2021 at 2:00 pm, in lieu of flowers we ask that you make a donation to one of Kathi's favorite organizations: Water for Life, HopeWest, and the Downtown Vineyard Church in Grand Junction.
Community Food Bank: We need volunteers this Thursday
click here to volunteer
The following designation courses are offered to you in partnership with the Denver Metro Association of REALTORS®
NOTE: Please read all information on the registration as there may be additional fees associated to obtain Designation or Certification.
- Seller Representative Specialist® (SRS)
Tuesday, May 18 and Wednesday, May 19, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Online, hosted through Zoom
Price: $299 CE Credits: 12 | Register Here
Elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance. The designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB) who meet specific educational and practical experience criteria. The SRS Course will redefine your "normal" and reinvent the way you represent sellers. It provides a comprehensive foundation of skill development, training and resources to help real estate professionals represent the interests of sellers in today’s marketplace.
- Increase listings and grow their business
- Demonstrate and communicate their value package to seller clients
- Understand and apply the Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Understand and comply with state license laws when representing sellers
- Understand and apply methods, tools, and techniques to provide support and services that sellers want and need.
Do you need online classes check out what Colorado Association of REALTORS has available.
NAR requires all members take a minimum of 2.5 hours of Ethics every three year cycle. The current cycle is January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2021. Members must take Ethics in this cycle. Ethics classes taken before January 1, 2019 do not count for this cycle.
When you register for Ethics make sure it is an NAR approved class or it will not count for your Ethics requirement!